Bed Bug Treatment
Bed bugs can be itchy and frustrating to have in your bed, sofa, or carpets. Call us today for a free inspection.
All About Bed Bugs
Bed bugs can be itchy and disgusting to have in your beds, sofa, or carpets. They use a stylet, a piece of their mouth, to pierce our skin for blood, which is their main food source.
They can leave red, swelling bite marks on your skin. Some people may encounter skin disease or rashes when bitten, depending on how sensitive your skin is.
Over the years, Pest Control of Pompano Beach has taken pride in protecting its residents from bed bugs. We are sure that we can do the same for you!
We’re here to deal with your unwanted pest issue so you don’t have to…
Schedule a Free Inspection
“How Did I Get Bed Bugs?”
We are asked this question on a regular basis when residents contact us concerning bed bugs. The answer could be one of many possibilities, but we advise people to be more aware and careful of their surroundings to prevent future invasions.
- Do you travel a lot? If the answer is yes, then maybe you got it from where you were staying. This could be a cabin, motel, inn, or hotel, etc. If you feel itchy after sleeping on a hotel bed, then you may suspect bed bugs are present. They may creep up on your dirty clothes and can be brought home without you knowing.
- Luggage and bags are the #1 suspect. Make sure you inspect the room where your bags are placed while staying in a hotel or somewhere besides your own home. Bed bugs are great hitchikers and if present, can crawl into your bags and unknowingly be brought home.
- Sweat. Make sure that before you sit or lay down on your sofa or bed, you freshen up! This will lessen the chance of bed bugs nesting in your comfort places.
- Dirty clothes. Bed bugs can attach on your clothes and go to your furniture. Upon arriving home from traveling, wash your dirty clothes right away. You should also inspect your luggage for any hidden bugs; we advise investigating your belongings outside first, before you even bring it back into your home.
- Furniture (New/Old). If you buy furniture, whether second hand or brand new, inspect it first. They may be hiding in the seams or in the cracks. If you buy cushions, make sure to vacuum them or place them outside in direct sunlight.
Just keep in mind, that whenever you buy things or go places, you should be aware and inspect the area so that you won’t get bed bugs that may end up being brought back to your house with you.
Prevention Is Easier Than Treating an Infestation
At Pest Control of Pompano Beach we believe that preventing bed bugs is the quickest and easiest route to take so that you never have to deal with them. Once they infest or invade your house and your furniture, it can take some time to remove them all. Depending on the seriousness of the problem, we may be able to spot-treat or we will recommend fumigation.
Not sure whether you have bed bugs in your home? Call us now and we’ll inspect your property as soon as we get there. We believe that not all pest invasions are the same, so it is better to have it checked out by one of our Pompano Beach pest control specialists.